Do You Do Research?
Come to the “Gear Up!” event and build your research toolkit!
- Meet the people who can support your research; bring your questions to ask the experts.
- Get to know the software, tools, resources, and services available for your research.
When: Friday, February 28, 2014, 11:00AM – 1:00PM
Location: DHMC, Auditorium F
Drop by ANY time during the event and learn about these and more:
- RAPPORT – research administrative system
- PIVOT – the grants database
- DMPTool – data management planning tool
- BrowZine – journal browsing app
- Reference managers, e.g., Zotero, Mendeley and RefWorks
- Data for Health Policy Analysis: World Development Indicators, Social Explorer for U.S. Census Data, CDC Wonder
- Synergy: The Dartmouth Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Computational resources: servers, clusters, and virtual machines
- RStor – secure file storage for research data
- Support for statistical and math packages
- Code development, optimizing, and debugging services
- Funding for open access publishing
- Synergy: Biomedical Informatics Core, eagle-i, REDCap
- Dartmouth Life Sciences Shared Resources
- Copyright and Creative Commons
- Text and data mining-getting APIs
- Research and productivity apps
- Measuring your research impact (e.g., impact factors)
- Conflict of Interest: online disclosure system and College policy
- CTO: Ensure fiscal and regulatory compliance in clinical trials
- Find out about Material Transfer Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and Invention Disclosures
- CPHS: Understanding of human subjects research, including federal regulations, ethical standards, and IRB review process
- Center for Program Design and Evaluation: provides research and consulting in program design, evaluation, needs assessment, and more
- Get answers to your invention and patent related questions
- Books from the Dartmouth College Library on statistics, writing for publication, presenting your research, and planning your career
- And more!
SPONSORED BY THE DARTMOUTH COLLEGE LIBRARY & BIOMEDICAL LIBRARIES